Friday, September 11, 2009

Post #6

I've always liked trying new foods, and would try them when they were presented. A couple of years ago I discovered that I like eel. Two friends and I would get together a couple times a year for sushi night. We learned to make all kinds of good things. When we first started it took over four hours to make dinner, the last time we got together it took us only two hours to make a full sushi dinner. It was so much fun.

I needed to make up for last week because I didn't try any new foods. So I chose a few different things to try. For dinner tonight I'm making chicken, Quinoa, and a salad with a type of arugula called wild rocket. Have no idea how to make the Quinoa, I do know a few sites that I can look up recipes. I also purchased a lemonade that uses natural ingredients, no preservatives or additives. I need to find a substitute for sodas and highly sweetened tea and fruit drinks. It's also a sparkling lemonade, it is very good, very tart, just the way I like it.

More later on how the dinner went. Having a captive audience to try new foods is fun, they get to try healthier foods and I get feedback on what they think of the new food and what I could do to make it taste better.

No comments:

Post a Comment